Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ck OAD week 7 blog

Today in class we learned about Access in more depth. I am doing the alternative assignment and we ran into some complications. With this Access assignment I made a table, a report, and 3 queries. The class was shown a site where we can practice with Access and answer questions.

Access is being used a lot in my academic life. I am using it a lot for school and have two classes that talk about it. It is helping me become more familiar with the program because it was one of the hardest programs for me to learn. I am putting a bunch of information together using Access and organizing everything. I am making a lot of reports and queries especially.

Access can be used in my career because it helps keep information organized. You can also format the information to make it look nicer and more presentable, which some employers may like. If there is information in Word or Excel, you can also transfer that information into Access to organize it better.

For next class I need to have my alternative project close to being done. I have it finished but may want to go back and do some extra formatting. I also need to complete a tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment