Thursday, April 8, 2010

ck OAD week 13 blog

In class from 11:00 to 2:00 it was Marketing Your Professional Assets Day. It was a very interesting experience. It was kind of slow and some of the students that signed up really did not know what to expect.

In the Workplace Technologies class there were two students assigned to each station. I was assigned to be a greeter. I had to check the students attending in and out and give them all the necessary materials in a folder, along with a name tag. When they were finished, I had to collect a paper from them to see what stations they completed and write down any questions that they may have.

I enjoyed being the greeter and wish that more students would have signed up so it was a little more busy. However, itt was good people experience for the career I want to go into. I made sure to smile and be friendly to every person that walked in, which is important for a front desk worker. It is also important to look professional.

For next class, I need to continue working on the decade project with my group. I need to complete two blogs and a Tweet. Soon we will be working with high school students so I need to prepare for that and think of some activities that would be good for the students to do if they want to go into the office administration program.

No comments:

Post a Comment